- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
- Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information (as defined below) and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined below) relating to the user of Services;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information;
- How and to whom WeVaad will disclose such information;
- Reasonable security practices and measures implemented by WeVaad to protect the said information.
- Personal Information
Availing the Services require us to know your personal information to best meet your needs. When you access the Services, or interact with us via e-mails, telephone calls or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. Such as when registering on our website at www.wevaad.com or on the website application or any other platform for accessing the Services, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mobile number, mailing address, and other details to help you with your domain configuration, authentication and to optimize your experience.
The information collected from you by WeVaad may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules. “Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. The SPI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- medical records and history;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise; and
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter
WeVaad will be free to use, collect and disclose information without your consent that is freely available in the public domain.
- Collection of Information
We collect information from you when you, inter alia, visit or register with WeVaad, provide information pertaining to your case, avail our Services, etc. The information collected by us includes, inter alia, geographical information, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit, macro claims, outcomes, settlement and dispute resolution related data, and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks on the Website. Additional information including, inter alia, your e-mail address, name, specific details related to your dispute and pleadings/submissions supporting your claim or response to a claim which you submit to us at or during registration, settlement, arbitration, mediation, conciliation, chat, calls and/or other dispute resolution process or journey while availing our Services or while visiting our Site and cookies for site usage behavior.
- How do we use and share the information collected by us?
- We may use such information in the following ways:
- The information may be shown to the other parties of the Dispute Resolution System, including WeVaad Experts, i.e. arbitrators, mediators and conciliators, as and when required;
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings which is best suited to your needs;
- To allow us to provide better services to you in response to any customer service requests raised by you;
- To undertake a feedback process or survey; and
- To quickly process your transactions & new subscriptions or renewals.
- Protection and Security of the Information
- Personal Information is maintained by WeVaad in electronic form on its equipment, and on the equipment of its employees. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. WeVaad takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and offline, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of WeVaad’s business. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
- No administrator at WeVaad will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect your password against unauthorized access, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. WeVaad does not undertake any liability for any Unauthorized use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify WeVaad by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You shall be liable to indemnify WeVaad for any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorized use of your account and password.
- WeVaad makes all User information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and binds only its employees to strict confidentiality obligations.
- Notwithstanding the above, WeVaad is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, WeVaad shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of WeVaad including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, Unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
- Third Party Disclosures